Today’s workloads are resource hungry. Traditional virtualisation is bloated and can’t keep up. Sunlight unlocks BareMetal performance with all the benefits of virtualisation
- 4x your QPS performance for MySQL and PostgreSQL
- 2x memory throughput – for faster cache performance
- Up to 10x faster storage IOPS
- Half the network latency – to improve query response time
- Zero provisioned IOPS costs in AWS
- Double your Hadoop performance per HDFS node
- 2x memory throughput – for faster caching and in-memory performance
- Up to 10x IOPS – for faster on-disk data access
- Half the network latency for faster query performance
- Built-in Docker Swarm and Kubernetes provisioning support
- Deploy a complete Sunlight cluster on low power embedded hardware at the edge
- Leverage the Sunlight HCI technology to simplify your edge infrastructure
- Integrated Kubernetes and Docker Swarm deployment engines make edge service deployment quick and easy
- Leverage NVMe flash storage to achieve the highest performance for your edge applications
- Improves Varnish cache performance by 2x through better memory throughput
- Improves Database-tier Queries-per-second performance by 4x
- Cuts out Provisioned IOPS costs when running in AWS
A Complete Hyperconverged infrastructure stack
Near Bare Metal Performance for Today’s Fastest Hardware
Sunlight.io has the highest performing virtualized IOPs with Intel Optane and NVMe drives
Sunlight.io has the highest performing memory throughput – 2x that of Xen – with NUMA memory
Sunlight.io has the lowest latency network performance – nearly half that of Xen – with Intel X550 cards.
Deploy Anywhere – Cloud, On-prem or at the Edge
The Sunlight Dashboard provides a single, beautiful UI to configure and manage infrastructure, and access fine-grained reporting on performance from the datacentre down to individual component level.
Sunlight not only provides host and CPU affinity rules for resource groups, but with CPU pinning can provide a 100% guarantee that workloads will only run on specific physical cores. Audit reports can provide evidence of these facts for licence negotiations and audits.
Set failover policies at the VM and vCPU level in Sunlight with physical location awareness at the host, rack and zone level – preventing concentration risk for your key workloads.
Fault tolerance is embedded at the core of the Sunlight platform. VMs will failover to alternative nodes, Sunlight SDS storage will failover to redundant drives and Sunlight SDN networking will revert to a good path – all automatically in milliseconds based on policies you control.
Sunlight’s ability to get the most out of your high performance hardware means fewer server are required, reducing your overall hardware spend, datacenter footprint, maintenance and power costs.
Sunlight provides the most cost-effective means to build a high performance infrastructure. Because high performance hardware performs like bare metal, hardware costs are kept to a minimum and licence costs for application software based on memory or CPU are minimised.